Back to simple pleasures
What can we do with an old EeePC laptop waiting to be used?
We could update or replace the installed Linux distro, for instance. Why not … but it’s so slowwww. The boot time is to long for me even with a light distro.
And what about installing FreeDOS!! :-) This system has a lot of benefits for my usage:
- DOS nostalgy :-D, no heavy software, a simple architecture, direct access to the system
- It’s booting really fast!!
Everything I need for my pleasure:
- Frotz is available for FreeDOS
- Drop the data file of Wishbringer on the disk
- Some paper, a pen and let’s go :-)